Wednesday, December 21, 2011

HOWDY

IT HAS BEEN A WHILE AND I AM GLAD TO BE TALKING TO YOU FOR NOW. I AM NOT GOING TO DRAG YOUR HEAD OR FOCUS MY THOUGHTS ON THE FACT THAT I HAVE BEEN IN A HOSPITAL 205 DAYS THIS YEAR AND THIS LAST STAY INCLUDED A STAY IN “ICU” WITH 19 BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS. I AM CURRENTLY HOME AND COMPLETELY BED BOUND…..POOR ME!!! OR REJOICE, REFOICE! I AM HERE TODAY AND GET TO SHARE A FEW THINGS. TO ALL AND ANY WHO ARE OR ARE NOT SPIRITUAL …GOD LIVES!! HE HANGS OUT IN OUR HEARTS AND IF WE ALLOW HIM TO SPREAD HIS GRACE WITHIN US AND THEN WE SHARE IT. HE LIVES IN ALL THOSE CHURCHS (HEY IT IS GOD) AND HE HANGS OUT IN HOSPITALS. WHETHER THOSE DOCTORS AND NURSES BELIEVE OR NOT... IT DOES NOT MATTER. HE WORKS MIRACLES THROUGH MANY OF THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. I SAID IT AND THAT’S IT! I AM HOME NOW AND I AM LOOKING GOOD, FOR ME. TO GET TO SEE MY GRANDCHILDREN’S FACES ON CHRISTMAS. MY WELCOME HOME HUGS AND KISSES WERE THE BEST MEDICINE. AM I PHYSICALLY CURED? IS IT OVER UNTIL IT IS OVER! AM I CURED? NOT EVEN CLOSE! BUTHAT IS TOMORROW…..!!! TODAY, TODAY IS THE ONE THAT COUNTS, THERE IS GREAT PAIN, BOTH PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY BUT I AM NOT SITTING IN A LONELY HOSPITAL WONDERING IF ANYONE WILL BE COMING THROUGH THAT DOOR TO VISIR ME. I GET TO SEE MY WIFE, SON AND HIS GREAT FAMILY. A FRIEND OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBER MAY STOP IN. MY FRIENDS IT IS IMPORTANT TO FOCUS AS SOON AS YOU CAN ON WHAT WORKS IN YOUR LIFE. FIRST WE ARE ALIVE!!! THEN THERE MAY BE ONE FAMILY MEMBER WHO RESPECTS YOU AND LOVES YOU. YOU ARE ROYALTY. IT COULD BE A CARETAKER WHETHER THEY WORK FOR MONEY OR IT IS THE LOVE FOR YOU IT IS DONE AND THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL THING. YOU HAVE DONE GOOD IN YOUR LIFE. YOU MAY BE WILLING TO ADMIT IT OR NOT! IT IS NOW WE NEED TO STILL DO GOOD…….FOR YOU! YOURSELF! PUSH YOURSELF TODAY TO BE A PLAYER: THAT EXERCISE OR THERAPY IS WORTH IT THAT WATER LOOKS GOOD IT HAS ALL THE “RIGHT STUFF” WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THAT CIGARETTE? IS THAT EXTRA DRINK NEEDED; TURN YOUR BACK ON THE THAT ILLEGAL DRUG THEN THE TUFF (TOUGH) ONE THE… “FOOD”. THE HOLIDAY’S - IS 5000 CALORIES REALLY THAT IMPORTANT? THEN AFRER THE HOLIDAYS WE ARE THE GENERAL AND FOOT SOLDIER IN THIS BATTLE…MAKING THE RIGHT CHOICES AND EATING HEALTHY! NOT EASY BUT YOU CAN DO IT! YOU KNOW WE CAN NOT ALL BE THE “BIGGEST LOSER” WE CAN BE THE BIGGEST WINNER. YOU DID GOOD FOR YOURSELF TODAY. IT MAY NOT BE PERFECT BUT IT IS ONE LESS DRINK, ONE DAY NO SMOKING, AND YOU ARE THE BEST WITH FOOD TODAY THAN YOU HAVE BEEN IN SIX MONTHS! WO! WINNER! THERE IS BEAUTY IN TODAY; THERE IS BEAUTY IN YOUR LIFE! ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE ….YOU JUST GOTTA BELIEVE! BELIEVE IN A HIGER SPIRIT….BELIEVE IN YOU! WE ALL HAVE TALES OF WOE AND OFTEN THE “DEVIL” IS IN THE DETAILS B U T! WHO CARES ABOUT THE DETAILS? IT DRAGS YOU, OTHERS AROUND YOU, AND THE DAY IS UGLY OR YOUR DAY IS. I AM WORKING ON MY SILVER LINING, ARE YOU? I WANT TO WISH YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES A JOYUS AND HEALTHY HOLIDAY SEASON! I AM ON A GREAT RIDE …MY BODY MAY BE CONFINDE TO BED BUT MY HEART, MIND AND SPIRIT ARE AS FREE AS I REACH OUT AND I LET THEM GO! LET GO OF THE PAIN, SUFFERING, AND TROUBLES (EVEN IF ONLY A MOMENT AT FIRST) AND ENJOY YOUR BLESSINGS. LAUGH TODAY OR AT LEASE SMILE. I BELIEVE IN ME, I BELIEVE IN YOU, I BELIEVE THERE IS BETTER IF WE LET IT! I AM WITH YOU….. HAVE A GREAT DAY LOVE MIKE

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Of course i had to be the first to write lolol...

I read this with tears not out of sadness but out of joy... you made me realize that no matter what i have to endure not matter how hard the battle...no matter what it can be done and it can be conquered...
I for one am so glad you are home and got that Christmas wish... this battle is never ending but as long as we dont hold up that white flag and surrender we all have a fighting chance....TODAY IS WHAT MATTERS...
All my love to you and yours for the holidays
And to all the readers here may your holidays be just as blessed...

Love you
Carol

Robin said...

Thank you Carol for your wishes. I too was thrilled to see a new posting, I have been worried. I fine myself coming to this page sometimes two, three times a day. This howdy message is me, you, all of us.
Thank you Mike for your inspiration and thanks to prople lie Carolwho also inspire me, knowing I am not alone.
Happy Holidays
Robin

Anonymous said...

Oh help me! I am desperate and cant take it no more. Mike I would have given up a long time ago. This blog has helped a lot.
thanks
Clara

Anonymous said...

i CAN NOT MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY. MOST OF YOU THANKS IT IS NICE TO HEAR IT FROM SOMEONE ELSE I AM NOT ALONE.
CLARA I'VE BEEN WHERE YOU ARE, HANG IN THERE AS MIKE SAYS READ THE BLOG AGAIN WE ALL HAVE RISEN FROM THE POINT WHERE YOU ARE
ROBERTA, Ca.

Randi said...

Mike
you have a way of reaching people. It is a gift and you have helped to spend a berrer Holiday.
Thank you so much
Randi
from N.Dakota

Kathy said...

So glad to see you are home with your family.

This is a place we can come to know we are not alone, and it feels good just to send a message out knowing someone will read it who understands.

Hold on to what is good, even if it's a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe, even if it's a tree that stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do, even if it's a long way from here.
Hold on to your faith, even if it's easier to let go.

You help us all hold on, Mike. May you have continued recovery ahead.

Unknown said...

Hi Mr. Hebranko! I have seen your story a couple times when it comes on TV and I wish you the best. I myself dealt with weight issues from childhood until age 24 when I had gastric bypass here in Pittsburgh. Although I had a rough time in the beginning, I would do it again. I have a blog on here also, its
www.youngblackms.com
Take Care!
TASHA

Anonymous said...

Sometimes looking for that silver lining is difficult to even see therefore working on it becomes impossible...but i shall try

thank you so much
Lori from Wyoming

Anonymous said...

Michael, I do not know if you know, but there was a FaceBook page dedicated to you that was more or less a mockery of your struggle and I was the one who created it. It was created years ago after myself and some friends watched a TLC special that featured yourself and others dealing with weight issues and to be honest at the time, we for some reason found it to be funny. Without thinking we tried to look you up on FaceBook expecting to find photos of yourself indulging in stereo-typical obese person activities but we found nothing, so instead we made a mock profile page. We all had a few laughs and then for years it was all but forgotten. The other day that same TLC special was on and it made me think about what we had done years earlier and I decided to check out that mock profile page and I was ashamed to see that some friends and family of yours had posted comments and well wishes on there. I became even more ashamed when I began looking into who you were and found out how good of a person you are. It made me realize how utterly ignorant I was for mocking another persons problems and then making a public profile for others to view. It really made me sick but I take full responsibility for it and I have taken the page down. I am truly sorry if it caused you any pain or confused any of your loved ones. It was a cruel, hurtful gesture that reeks of stupidity and immaturity. You are a remarkable man and deserve no such treatment, especially from myself. Again, I am truly sorry and I wish you nothing but the best.

Kathy said...

I have seen that FB page, and you had to look a little to realize it was an insult. I hope whoever wrote this is sincere in his apology. If so, it takes a very "big" person to admit when they are wrong and to own up to it.

MIKE HEBRANKO said...

Hey Guys
Iwant to wish you,you,and yes you, I wish you the happiest and most importantly a healthy New Year. 2011 has been the year of re-evaluation and putting things into perspective. Self evaluation and knowing what is important. Fist there is LOVE. The love for those whom I am in love with. Love for my fellow human being. then of course there is and always has been SELF LOVE. Now these are no major changes, no drastic ground breaking happenings but one of the important things I have learned about is Health. I am not talking about salad eating exercise staying fit health. I am talking about ones overall Health. I have also re-enforced the beauty that I can not and am not loved back by every one .... and that is okay to. Others are entitled to hating me. They want to waste their time hating me or anyone, it becomes sad but their Right.
For those who care about me I thank you as I said and for those who dont like me God Bless You anyway.

All My Love to you and your loved ones

Mike Hebranko

Anonymous said...

The apology I wrote is sincere and I fully understand any ill feelings it causes towards myself. While it may be my right to hate someone, it certainly doesnt make it right. I do not hate you and again wish you nothing but the best.

Anonymous said...

I thing what went on with the person explain how their opinion has changed. I am just reading what has been said and Mike's general response. I myself have grown just by reading it. Thank you to the person who has shared with all of us
Phyllis R
Orlando,Fl

Anonymous said...

Thank You Mike and his bloggers. Been reading for years. It has been motivating and factual. I am 23 years of age 200 pounds overweight. This has helped keep e at less than 300 pounds
Thank You
Connie T

Joanna said...

Michael,

Thank you for this blog. I have been following your story for years and always prayed for you. You made me feel good with this post. Please continue writing and updating us. You are an inspiration.

Anonymous said...

There is a feeling of community. Maybe not aggreement across the board but a family. Mike I love what you have to write. please continue writing. Pt helps me feel part of a family

Robert G.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike
Caught yhou on TV the ither night and iit is one thing to read your blog but to see you to be able to look in your eyes is inspiring\

Can you do more TV like reality TV?

Toyna D
NY NY

Anonymous said...

It takes a big person to admit when they messed up thank you anonymous for caring now it makes a difference to us all. Michael is a special man that has helped so
many people and now he needs to help himself and when he reads everyones post it gives him the inner strength he needs. So thank you all for your help in making Michael win again. Love you Boot

Anonymous said...

HOWDY BACK TO YOU. IT IS GOOD TO HEAR AND READ YOUR BLOG. YOU MAY THINK THAT IT DOES NOT HELP BUT I LOVE READING YOUR BLOGS. THEY HELP THEY HELP A LOT. I GET SO MUCH FROM YOUR BLOGS. THIS IS MY FIRST TIME COMMENT BUT I HAVE READ ALL YOU BLOGS AND EACH ONE HAS HELPED ME. I LOVE THEM AND LOOK FOWARD TO THE NEXT ONE. THANK YOU FOR THE INSPIRATION.

WINTER (YES WINTER MY SISITER IS SPRING)
ALASKA

Anonymous said...

IM TRYING TO STAY MORE POSITIVE BY EATING MORE SALADS AND LETTICE AND VEGETIBLES. WILL KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED. THANK YOU AND GOD BLESS AND HAVE A GOOD DAY.

TERRENCE.